Community Council Minutes – April 2018
Meeting 2nd April 2018 in Crianlarich Village Hall at 7.30pm
Present: Ian Marett(Vice Chair), Mary Anderson, Catriona McKenna, Isla Craig, Billy Ronald(LLTNP), Sheona MacLennan, Cllr Jeremy McDonald.
Apologies: Alan Smailes, Falcon Frost, Alister Mcdonald, Theresa Elliot, James Allardice
- Approval of minutes of meeting of Monday 5th March 2018 Proposed by MA, seconded by
3. Matters arising from the minutes of the previous meeting
Minutes not available at meeting – apologies from CM
Police Report – received after the meeting
23 calls in total since 05032018
Domestic assault 1
Loss of 999 2 and reported by BT
Assist public 1
Possible drink driver 1
Mountain rescues 3
Vehicle related 6
again the disparity show the duplicate calls for the same incident which I have omitted.
The RTC was with a motorcyclist who parted company with their mount slight injury only.
Serious Mountain rescue on 01042018 whereby the casualty fell through a cornice of snow and fell some 100m, ending up seriously injured. Coastgaurd attended and elected to “scoop and go” the casualty straight to hospital where at this time they remain in a critical condition.
Alasdair (Craig) Murray
Forth Valley, Division
Although repairs have been carried out along our stretch of the A82 between Crianlarich and Tyndrum. We all know that these are deteriorating rapidly. Can I urge all of you to continue reporting defects to BEAR. The more reports they receive the better:
The link is: http://roadworks.bearscot.com/#defect-form-panel
A82 Stakeholder Forum 28th March
Ian Marett attended this (report below)
The Priority Based Budgeting meeting took place at Crianlarich Hall prior to the CC meeting. I think everyone got the chance to put their thoughts to the officers present.
West Highland Community Rail Partnership
The meeting was held in Crianlarich hotel 12th March . We have appointed Mr. Guy Keating as our consultant Development Officer. I sent out letters to our political representatives at the Scottish Parliament and UK parliament regarding the raising of a review group for the West Highland Line. I am pleased to say we have received confirmation from the Transport Minister that the review will go ahead. Station signage at Crianlarich is still ongoing with ScotRail as are the small indicator signs at Tyndrum.
Gordon Kerr is very pleased at our initiative to provide extra training and wishes to attend our May meeting with some of his colleagues.
E-mail sent to Lesley-Anne Campbell cc’d to Dean Lockhart and Thomas Heald and our Councillors.
DSSB: e-mails replied to Ms Fiona Muir with CC’s to MSP, MP and Councillors. Isla to report.
E-mails re Council gardens, Transport re the S60/160 as reported to you last month. I await responses at the time of writing this report.
Mark has resigned from the CC and Trust. I thanked him for his time with us.
Gordon Kerr has asked to book the Crianlarich Village Hall for a training session. The CC will cover the costs.
The yearly accounts will be done after costs for the rental of the Hall are paid. Action Isla
CiA/Environment: Nothing to report
Health A meeting will be held in early May about the pilot for Remote Monitoring Project. The Chief Executive of NHS Forth Valley will attend.
Extant list number 10
No change from week 9
Weekly list 10 nothing to report
Extant list number 11 no change
Weekly list 11 nothing to report.
Housing The Stirling Council tenancy at 5 Strathmore Terrace, Crianlarich has been filled.
Alan has written to Scottish Water to point out that the main in Station Road, Crianlarich has burst three times since November 2017. Every time SW work on the main, the whole village has its water supply switched off for the duration of the repair.
Despite BT`s insistence that the phone issue was sorted, the residents of Crianlarich noted that the lines went down again several times this month. MSP Dean Lockhart had intervened on our behalf previously. We have asked his office to, again get a response from BT as to what the problem is. Isla asked Jeremy if a nominated spokesperson in the village could get access to Open Reach when a fault needs fixed, in order to save everyone reporting the fault each time. When residents report a fault to BT, an engineer is booked to come and investigate and a cost is mentioned. Therefore, one call on behalf of the village would save time and anguish. Action Jeremy
Jeremy reported that he is Chairperson of the Broadband Steering Group, set up by Stirling Council. They have submitted an application for funding to connect public sector buildings to fibre. He is optimistic that he would be successful. His aim is to bring fibre to Crianlarich and Tyndrum from Stirling.. The results of the current application will be in early Summer.
Ian attended the A82 Stakeholder`s Meeting. A 5 year project is proposed to improve the A82. Ian questioned whether an improved road would reduce the traffic and visitors coming into Crianlarich. There is a proposal to change the Tarbet junction priority, so that the natural flow of the road is along the A82.
Ian took the opportunity to speak to Norman Hutcheson. Assurances were made that the re-surfacing would get done as soon as the weather improves. The costs are increasing, the longer it takes to finish the work. BEAR are updating their website weekly for North West area. Jeremy added that he has asked BEAR for a communication that explains where they are at in terms of time, costs and priority with regards to the pot-holes.
Discussion around Bruce Crawford MSP`s intervention in the attempt, by residents and businesses in Crianlarich to get a 40mph buffer zone outside the 30 limit sign. CC agree that this would make the road much safer and support the proposal.
Heritage sites in Strathfillan could be places to visit. Jeremy wants to set up a working group with representatives from our area. He would like a heritage route that visitors could follow that would join points of interest across the region. Sheona pointed out that LLTNP, already has a Heritage Group, and must have useful information, pertaining to our sites.
Report from Billy Ronald Nothing to report
Tyndrum Action Group No report submitted
Report from Theresa Elliot No report submitted
The next meeting will be on Monday 7th May at 7.30pm in Crianlarich Village Hall.
Actions Isla to do CC accounts
Jeremy to contact Open Reach